The Nova is a pump-action shotgun. It is available in CS:GO for both parts – Terrorist and Counter-Terrorist forces. It appeared in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as a replacement for the Leone 12 Gauge Super from previous games, and according to its description, it is a perfect weapon for a cash-strapped team.
Like every other weapon in CSGO, the Nova shotgun features a plethora of skins that come in various designs and color schemes. While the Nova isn’t the most popular weapon out there, some Nova skins CSGO offers can be worth quite a bit of money. Many players who sell CSGO skins for Nova, often do so at quite a high price. We can’t go over all Nova Skins CSGO has to offer, but we can look at some of the best ones out there.
Is the Nova Shotgun Good Now CSGO?
Every single weapon in the shooter has its own advantages and disadvantages. And the Nova shotgun is not an exception.
The biggest advantage of the Nova shotgun is its low cost of only $1200. What is more, it is a perfect weapon if you are doing an eco round. However, the gun is also helpful for anti-eco due to its high damage output.
The Nova is effective in close or mid-range combat and is most useful against players who don’t wear any armor. It is also an excellent weapon to have when you are fighting at choke points and smaller areas.
When it comes to weaknesses, the Nova only has a couple of them. It is ineffective at long range because its damage is significantly negated. Particularly, when your target is wearing armor and a helmet.
Overall, the Nova is the right weapon to get earlier in the game when enemies are not wearing armor. And when you don’t have enough funds to purchase an assault rifle.
How Do You Use Nova Skins?
Like all other CSGO skins, the Nova skins don’t provide players with any gameplay advantages and are purely cosmetic. However, there are quite a few things players can do with their Nova skins.
- You can impress your friends and other CSGO players by flexing some of your rarest and coolest Nova skins.
- Players can also use their Nova skins to trade on Steam or any other third-party market.
- If you don’t like the Nova shotgun and wish to get rid of them, you can exchange your Nova skins for currency or other items.
The Best 5 Nova Skins CSGO
The best Nova skins CSGO has to offer, there are quite a few to choose from, and depending on your personal preferences, those choices may vary. However, it is worth keeping in mind that some nova CSGO skins are rare. And, therefore, more valuable than others.
With that said, here is a list of our top five CSGO best Nova skins:
- Flavor Text: They call you The Oni, right? Such a scary name for such a sad man… – Elliot Kingsman, Mercenary
- Lowest Steam price: $7.42
- Drops From Case: Operation Wildfire Case
- First Added: 18 February 2016
- Flavor Text: With age comes wisdom and stopping power
- Lowest Steam price: $8.43
- Drops From Case: Operation Phoenix Weapon Case
- First Added: 20 February 2014
3. Nova | Koi
- Flavor Text: None
- Lowest Steam price: $0.56
- Drops From Case: Operation Breakout Weapon Case
- First Added: 1 July 2014
- Flavor Text: Last Supper is served
- Lowest Steam price: $64.42
- Drops From Case: The Canals Collection
- First Added: 19 November 2019
1. Nova | Exo
- Flavor Text: It’s what’s inside that counts
- Lowest Steam price: $0.13
- Drops From Case: Gamma Case
- First Added: 16 June 2016
What Case is the Nova Hyper Beast in?
The Nova Hyper Beast skin was added to the game in February 2016 during the Operation Wildfire update. It means that the Hyper Beast skin is a part of the Wildfire Collection, and as such, players can obtain it by opening the Operation Wildfire Case.
Like every other CSGO weapon case, the Operation Wildfire Case requires a key to be opened. Players can get their hands on the key by purchasing it from the Steam market or the third-party CSGO trading site. Unfortunately, CSGO keys are becoming rarer on external platforms due to Valve implementing a new policy. However, they are widely available. And everyone can buy it through Steam.
It is also worth mentioning that just like all CSGO cases to open in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the Operation Wildfire case can contain many other skins so the chances of obtaining the Hyper Beast skin on your first try are slim.
In this article, we will take a close look at the CSGO Nova shotgun and evaluate its advantages and disadvantages. We will also look at some best Nova skins, and some cheap CSGO Nova skins and provide detailed information about them. Lastly, the article will provide information on how players can use their Nova skins. Also, if you’re interested in Nova skins, be sure to check out SkinsMonkey, where you have a chance at scoring free CSGO skins for this awesome shotgun!
See More of the Best Skins For...
A true gaming enthusiast, especially Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Rust. At SkinsMonkey, he is involved in creating game guides based on his own experience.