Bots in Counter-Strike Global Offensive were created to fill in as normal players so that you don’t play all by yourself. However, they are often annoying and can never replace a real player. That’s why you’re now going to learn how to kick bots in CSGO.
There are a couple of different ways to do this, as you will see below. You can choose whichever way feels easiest for you to kick bots in CS:GO.
💡 Tip: Before we get to actually remove bots, first you need to check your game settings and make sure everything is prepared.
Edit CSGO Game Settings to Kick Bots
Simply follow these quick steps and you’ll be instantly ready to kick all the bots that you want in the game.
Enable the Developer Console
- Open CSGO
- Go to the Settings menu
- Click on Game settings
- Under Enable Developer Console, set it to Yes from the drop-down menu
Set Your Default Keybind
After you’ve done the steps above, all that’s left is to set a keybind for your Developer Console command-line access and you’re done.
Usually, the tilde key is the default key to open the console.
- Open the CSGO settings
- Go to Keyboard/Mouse
- Scroll all the way down
- Set your ideal key in the Toggle console field
3 Ways to Kick Bots in CS:GO
Fortunately, there is more than one way to remove bots in Counter-Strike Global Offensive.
For example, you can use a command to remove all the bots at once. Or you can use various commands to select which and how many bots to kick.
- Remove All the Bots at Once
The easiest way to kick bots in CS:GO is to remove all of them at once. You can do this with one simple command line:
- Kick CT Bots Only
If you want to take on the entire Terrorist side all on your own, you can remove all the CT team bots in CSGO using this command:
- Only Kick T Bots
On the other hand, if you want the T bots gone, you can use this command:
How to Kick Bots in CS:GO on a Private Server
You can use several private server commands to completely prevent bots from interfering with your private match against other human players.
- First, join your own server or one you have admin privileges in and open the developer console.
- Type in mp_limitteams 1. This command makes sure that bots can’t rejoin after they’ve been kicked.
- Enter the bot_kick all command to kick all the bots from your server.
How to Kick CS GO Bots in Competitive Mode?
Considering the competitive server is yours or you have admin privileges, the commands to remove bots are the same.
|bot_kick all||kicks all of the bots|
|bot_kick ct||kicks only the CT side bots|
|bot_kick t||only kicks the Terrorist side bots|
It’s important to remember that you can’t kick bots on CSGO servers that you do not own or are not an admin in.
Full List of Commands to Remove Bots in CSGO
- bot_kick all – this command kicks all bots present in the current game
- bot_kick ct – remove bots only from the Counter-Terrorist team
- bot_kick t – remove bots only from the Terrorist team
- mp_limitteams 1 – prevent bots from rejoining the game after the match ends
- mp_limitteams 0 – allow bots to rejoin your teams
- mp_autoteambalance 0 – it prevents auto-balancing (doesn’t let the bots balance the number of real players in your game)
- mp_autoteambalance 1 – reverse auto-balancing to the default setting
- bot_quota X – instead of “X”, you should type in the total number of bots you want to appear in the game
- bot_kick name – instead of “name” type in the name of the bot you want to remove from the game
- bot_kick number – this removes bots of a certain difficulty (1-3) from your current Counter-Strike Global Offensive server
As you can see, all it takes to kick bots in CSGO is to enable the developer console from the options menu, type in a few commands, and get rid of any bot you want.
That’s it! Enjoy your bot-free CS:GO games with these simple steps.
A true gaming enthusiast, especially Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Rust. At SkinsMonkey, he is involved in creating game guides based on his own experience.